19 January 2009

Rock Lee Timid Monster

I finally painted Timid Monster Rock Lee's hair shine on. Stevie was right. I should have made it more of a transparent glare than a painted on one. But I was afraid of messing him up and I wasn't sure anything I had would work properly. Mostly I thought everything I had would be too runny. So I just painted it on. Still, I think it came out pretty well.



He is the second in the Naruto series of Timid Monsters. I think I captured him pretty well with my choice to include both his hair shine (acrylic paint) and his eyelashes. He has the blue (ninja-y) sandals under his yellow leg warmers. Unfortunately, Timid Monsters are too short to include the rest of Rock Lee's leg detail. Still, I am pleased.

Per usual, he is available at my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19955411

On a side note, I've notice my Timid Monsters getting large and larger. They were better, imho, when they were little and silly. I am going to attempt to return them to their original size. This may or may not affect pricing; I've yet to decide that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or else. Wait, does that sound too threatening? Let me try again. Leave a comment or you'll never see little Mildred again. Yeah. That's better.