08 July 2011

Zipper Master

Sometimes I sew! Though, when I do, I avoid zippers as much as possible.  This leaves me with rather breezy garments I pass off onto my wonderful fiance, who is much better at attaching various closures and clasps. 

However, I finally did it. I finally learned not only how to put a zipper in decently, but also how to put one in a small clutch. With lining! BAM!
Each stripe is a different ribbon that I sewed to a base bit of cloth to make a "new" fabric. Sadly sewing ribbons down for one clutch was faster for me than lining up/pinning in a zipper. Then I still had to sew it in and hope nothing slipped to make it dreadfully off.
 The inside lining is a remnant I bought on clearance years ago because I thought it was cute but had no intended use for. It just happened to be the perfect color.
Just in time, too.  These five clutches are for my bridesmaids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or else. Wait, does that sound too threatening? Let me try again. Leave a comment or you'll never see little Mildred again. Yeah. That's better.