11 January 2010

Freshwater Pearl Headband






I had been talking about making this for myself for month. I had the headband. I definitely had the ribbon. And I had the metal headband. Finally about three days before we headed to Illinois I sat and handsewed what felt like a ba-jillion TEENY freshwater pearls to 1/8" inch thick ribbon. When I finished, for want of a better idea, I superglued the ribbon to the headband.

I was quite delighted with the outcome, and I gave it to a friend for Christmas. I have plans to make one for myself (ha!) and to make more to keep in stock on my Etsy. But first I need to get to the store with the itsy bitsy pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Or else. Wait, does that sound too threatening? Let me try again. Leave a comment or you'll never see little Mildred again. Yeah. That's better.